The latest craze at tropical resorts will really ‘float your boat.’ Swim up bars have become standard at many of your favorite resorts in the Caribbean and Mexico, and floating trays are the newest way to serve guests who love to hang out in the pool.
Maybe one of the best things about floating trays is that, while swim-up bars are usually just for drinks, floating trays are only limited by the resort food and beverage teams’ imaginations.
Plus, individually-crafted trays of snacks, sweets, beverages or breakfasts leave plenty of room for creative presentation. Beautifully and uniquely-designed floating trays elevate make this new resort trend even more special and memorable.
Exquisitely crafted and served floating trays elevate something as simple as appetizers for your romantic or group resort vacation (bachelor and bachelorette parties or girlfriend/ guyfriend getaways, we mean you!) into the moment you’ll be talking about forever.
Velas Resorts in Riviera Maya, Riviera Nayarit, Puerto Vallarta and Los Cabos have embraced the floating tray, introducing versions at all four Mexican resorts.
Each resort has unleashed the talents and imaginations of its culinary team to come up with a different floating tray that elegantly and in some cases, extravagantly, showcases culinary and beverage experiences guests in the resorts’ top suites can try without having to towel off poolside.
Stay right in the water and enjoy:
- Floating Breakfast Tray at Grand Velas Los Cabos: Wake up to the water and an assortment of items including Belgian-style waffles with red fruit compote and caramelized seeds, house made granola, lobster benedict, a souffle with sauteed spinach and mushrooms, pancakes, hash browns, avocado toast, Osetra Caviar, and more. Breakfast floating trays are served for guests in the resort’s top suites, and also come with a bottle of Moët & Chandon champagne and a variety of juices. What a way to start your wedding day with your bridesmaids!
- Floating Caviar Tray at Grand Velas Riviera Maya: How do you make caviar service even more over the top for guests already staying in the resort’s most premium suites? The floating caviar tray at this resort includes Imperial Ossetra Caviar accompanied with blinis, creme fraiche and chives, along with an assorted selection of luxury appetizers and desserts including Jamón ibérico, king crab legs, smoked salmon, a selection of cheese, fresh berries, and a chocolate dessert. Oh, and a bottle of Champagne Louis Roederer Brut Premier. Let the romance begin!
- Gold-flaked Margarita Floating Tray at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit: Elevate your pool cocktail experience with a trifecta of gold-flaked margaritas including cucumber and lime; hibiscus and rosemary; and mango and jalapeño. The margaritas, which can be served frozen or on the rocks, are served with chips and freshly made guacamole at the pool in the adults-only area. Get your party started in style!
- Mexican Sweet Treat Floating Tray at Casa Velas:Guests in the one- and two-bedroom Ambassador and Presidential suites witop into the pool at this resort after dinner to cool off and to indulge in a local sweet treat featuring a sweet corn tamale topped with caramel popcorn and Mexican caramel sauce paired with sparkling Mexican wine. The exclusive amenity is available for guests to enjoy in their private pools in the one- and two-bedroom Ambassador and Presidential suites.
More About Velas Resorts:
Grand Velas in Los Cabos has dramatic ocean views and unique spaces infusing every area of the resort; Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit enjoys a long stretch of pristine beach and a dramatic backdrop of the Sierra Madre mountains; Grand Velas Riviera Maya offers a sophisticated resort experience in the Caribbean with jungle and beach settings; in Puerto Vallarta, Velas Vallarta is a family-friendly all suites resort and spa located on Banderas Bay and Casa Velas is a boutique adults-only hotel located on the Marina Vallarta Golf Course.
Start Your Tropical Resort Trip!
Images courtesy of Grand Velas Los Cabos
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- What You Need to Know to Climb Mount Kilimanjaro
- A New Nature Reserve and More Hotel News From Aruba
- Digital Fasting: Why You Should Go Device-Free on Your Next Holiday
- Christmas Markets, NYE, Ice World and Gala Balls: Why Visit Vienna in the Winter
- These Resorts have been Named Top in the Caribbean for the 30th Time at the 30th World Travel Awards