A new, ultra-luxury resort brings St. Regis glamor and hospitality to a new, exclusive development at a 600+acre nature reserve and UNESCO World Heritage Site on one of Mexico's most popular beach destinations. The St. Regis Kanai Resort was inspired by the Sian Ka'an Reserve, from its avant-garde architecture to its upscale interiors.
If you hadn't heard of Kanai yet, you're not alone. It's a new and exclusive oasis on the Riviera Maya carefully permitting only 4 top luxury hotels occupying less than 10% of its hundreds of acres of jungle and mangrove reserve, with sea frontage of two miles of undisturbed white sand beach.
The resort is a short drive from both Cancun and Playa Del Carmen and offers a gateway to the biodiversity of its natural parks and the mysticism of its cenotes, the vivid blues of its ocean and the cultural richness of its archaeological sites.
From its design and ecological harmony to signature St. Regis Butler Service, the St. Regis Kanai seems set to redefine hospitality on Mexico's Riviera Maya and provide a glamorous hideaway for travelers looking for a bespoke beach escape.
Avant-Garde Architecture and Inspired Design
The resort features an exceptional circular exterior design inspired by the constellation Pleiades, resulting in unrivaled ocean views from nearly every vantage point.
Designed with a minimal construction footprint aimed at protecting the natural reserve, The St. Regis Kanai Resort is suspended above a mangrove forest with the different elements of the hotel connected by elevated walkways. Guests of the resort are immediately transported into the magic of Kanai with a multi-story open air water installation leading into the main lobby. Floor-to-ceiling panoramic views of the mangroves give way to lush gardens and an expansive outdoor lawn with direct access to 2 miles of white sand beach.
Drawing inspiration from ancient Mayan artistic and ceremonial manifestations, the hotel's sophisticated aesthetic features a rich palette of limestone, walnut, and layered textiles. Elegant décor and contemporary interiors are accented with bespoke elements including custom furniture and artwork from local artisans. The Mayan Calendar is recreated through textiles within the public areas and guestrooms, with elements inspired by ceremonial Mayan garments.
Guestrooms and suites offer ocean views and a private terrace or plunge pool and feature design elements and rich materials evoking the surrounding elements from the mangrove trees and nearby cenotes to the stars above. Guestrooms feature custom hanging mirrors, bedside tables, ceramic light pendants, and intricate walnut wood-carved headboards.
All guests have access to the St. Regis Signature Butler Service.
Peak Culinary Experiences
The resort invites guests and locals to embark on unique gastronomic journeys with eight culinary venues:
- The hotel's signature restaurant TORO by Chef Richard Sandoval is a bar and restaurant with a Latin-inspired menu led by the esteemed chef.
- Chaya features a menu that uniquely combines local ingredients and regional touches of Riviera Maya with culinary elements rooted in Eastern Mediterranean history.
- Located along the beautiful beachfront, Riviera blends the South of France with the Mayan Riviera.
- A tea and chocolate salon, The Library is a back drop to experience St. Regis's signature ritual of afternoon tea and enjoy a tasting of Mexican chocolate.
- The intimate St. Regis Bar, designed to feature views of the night sky, offers the Kanai Mary, a local take on the brand's signature Bloody Mary cocktail, which incorporates ingredients from the ancient Maya diet including corn, peppers and cucumber. The space also features an expansive mural inspired by Maya astronomer-priests who looked to the heavens for guidance.
- Jack's Club is a hidden speakeasy.
- Pik Nik is a grab-and-go deli, and
- The Beach Club is available for light bites while relaxing seaside.
Honoring a signature tradition among St. Regis properties around the world, The St. Regis Kanai Resort, Riviera Maya will mark the transition from day to night with a celebratory champagne sabreing each evening.
The St. Regis Spa features eight treatment suites and a standalone salon. Connecting guests with nature, the space brings the lush outdoors inside with treatments inspired by ancient practices and featuring local ingredients.
Signature treatments include the Secret Garden ritual, allowing guests to hand select ingredients from the hotel's garden to personalize a body scrub and mask, as well as a Celestial Energy treatment that is inspired by Mayan cosmology and uses herbal cleansing, hot stones energized under the moon and stars and aromatherapy based on the phase of the moon.
Guests can work out in the exclusive Athletic Club, featuring a range of cardio and strength equipment as well as an outdoor yoga platform.
The Beach Club offers glamorous seaside lounging while offering access to a selection of water sports, and a pool and beach experience that includes Adult and Family pools, where cabanas offer complete privacy.
Family Traditions and Exploration
From a day poolside in a Family Cabana taking part in sport activities on the beach, your whole family will enjoy their beach vacation. St. Regis Family Traditions program offers the Tortuga Children's Club, with activities tailored to help younger guests discover the magic of Riviera Maya.
Located less than half a mile from an undisturbed coral reef, part of the second largest system in the world, the resort is also an ideal launching pad for underwater exploration.
Celebrations and Bespoke Events
Looking for an original, unforgettable place for a wedding, vow renewal or other special occasion? The St. Regis Kanai Resort has indoor and outdoor event space across six venues. From the expansive Astor Ballroom to the 7,300 sq. ft. Great Lawn, the resort can accommodate up to 600 guests with grace and style.
Start Your Luxury Resort Trip!
Images courtesy of St. Regis / Marriott Bonvoy
All rights reserved. You are welcome to share this material from this page, but it may not be copied, re-published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Sandals Opens its Newest Resort with the 1st SkyPool Suites in Jamaica and a Return to its Roots
- Ultra-Luxury Hotel Opens in Chicago in the World’s Tallest Building Designed by a Woman
- Why Belfast is the Best Place to Experience the Legend of the Titanic
- Upgrades and Celebrations Mark the 50th Anniversary of Australia’s Architectural Icon: the Sydney Opera House
- Oceania Cruises Christens 1st New Ship in a Decade and Introduces new Wine, Spirits and Culinary Experiences