Top 10 Reasons to Use Travel Insurance
Travel insurance may add a little extra cost to your trip, but can you really afford to travel without it?
Here are the biggest (and most expensive) reasons you should be armed with travel insurance while traveling:
1. You have to cancel your trip due to an unexpected event such as bad weather, sickness, involuntary job loss, or the financial default of your airline, cruise line, or tour operator.
2. You have to return home early due to an unexpected emergency such as an illness or death in the family.
3. Your luggage is lost or delayed, forcing you to purchase necessary essentials, or prescription medications.
4. Your sporting, camping, or adventure equipment is damaged or stolen.
5. You become ill or injured and learn that your healthcare plan doesn’t cover you outside of the U.S.
6. You need an emergency medical evacuation due to an accident or sudden illness.
7. You run into flight delays and miss a portion of your trip or cruise.
8. You have to evacuate your resort due to an unexpected hurricane or storm.
9. You lose your passport, leaving you stranded abroad.
10. Your rental car is damaged, leaving you responsible for the repair costs.